Junkers J4 Survivors
SNo. ukn., RNo. ukn.
This J4 was captured by Italy after WWI. It was used for victory displays and was later moved to Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Technica at Milano, where the fuselage structure without textile covering was on display for years until 2005. Since April 2005 the fuselage was moved to Berlin, where it went on display at the new aviation exhibition of the Technic Museum Berlin. This aircraft still belongs to the Milano Museum and will return to Milano later on.
SNo. 252, RNo. 586/18, built in 1918
This aircraft was shipped to Canada for victory displays in May 1919. It went on display throughout Canada and was later stored by the RCAF. The aircraft was on permanent display since 1969 at the National Aeronautical Collection of Canada in Rockcliffe until 1981. Since 1981 the aircraft is stored and restoration is required. Textiles removed, wheels are missed.
introduced Nov 1996, transfered Jun 2017
contents last updated 28 Dec 2002