Junkers Zweigwerk Stassfurt
|At Leopoldshall near Stassfurt the first socalled "Zweigwerk" of the Junkers Flugzeugwerke was established at Industriestrasse. The setup of the production started on 26th October 1934 and already in March 1935 the first tails and engine cowlings were produced here. With a total shop area of 121 thousand square metres, Leopoldshall was the smallest of the five ABC Zweigwerke of Junkers Flugzeugwerke. Just 10% of the total Junkers production was located here. An average of 2600 people were employeed at Leopoldshall (Sept. 1943: 3969). Cowlings and tail production were performed for the following aircraft types: |
Junkers Ju52: Sept. 1935 - 1943
Junkers Ju86: 1936 - 1939
Junkers Ju87: 1936 - 1941
Junkers Ju88: 1938 - 1943
Junkers Ju188: 1943 - 1945
Junkers Ju288: ????
A total of 11.400 cowling and tail sets were produced until the end of the war. In 1945 the He162 fuselage production was initialized at Leopoldshall, however a serial production was not started until the end of WWII. The facilities were mostly undamaged during the war. But in 1947 large parts were moved to Russia and the remaining buildings were blown up. A few office buildings survived until today. In one of it is the Kommunale Berufsschule of Stassfurt.
introduced Feb 2004, transfered Dec 2017
contents last updated 14 Feb 2004