by Horst Zoeller, 1996 - 2017, 63rd Edition, 8 December 2017

other German Junkers Facilities

 


Aken/Elbe

Transferred branch from Dessau (Engine Branch)

Production of Engine Components, became Maschinenbaugenossenschaft e. GmbH Aken/Elbe in 1946 and Woodward Governor Germany GmbH after German reunification


Further Junkers Sites at Aken:
Elblagerhaus AG, Margarine Union und Ölmühle Jürgenwerke, Zuckerfabrik WETAG

1942 to 1945


1944 to 1945

Appenrode-Mühlberg
(codename B3a Hydra)

Transferred branch from Halberstadt
newly built Transfer Object B3
(see also Wolffleben)

Not realized


Aschersleben - FZA
(Flugzeug Zweigwerk)

For Junkers Zweigwerk Aschersleben see here

Further Junkers Sites at Aschersleben:
Schacht Zornitz (Kali Saltmine)
Pit IV (codename Maikaefer) / Pit V (codename Maus)
with a total of 26.200 sqm area
for Ju88 fuselage production from Aschersleben
and Jumo 004 development and 0-series from Dessau

Tools/Equipment from Junkers Aschersleben
brought to Kiev/USSR, Factory No. 473
(177 engines, 67 metal press, 639 other tooling) after WWII

April 1935 to 1945

1944 to 1945

Aue

Transfer Branch from Leipzig-Lindenthal (Engine Production)

Bad Lauchstädt

Transferred branch from Dessau (Aircraft Branch)
Transfer branch from Merseburg

1944 to 1945

Ballenstedt

Transferred branch from Leopoldshall
Aircraft Part Production at Fa. Hermann Meyer

Transferred Apprentice Training from Dessau

1944 to 1945

Bergen

Transfered branch from Magdeburg Motorenwerke

Not confirmed


Bernburg – FZB
(Flugzeug Zweigwerk)

For Junkers Zweigwerk Bernburg see here

Further Junkers Sites at Bernburg:
Saltmines Bernburg I + II with 10.000 sqm area. Used by Junkers Zweigwerk Halberstadt and Stammwerk Dessau for metal workshops

1935 to 1945

1944 to 1945

Bitterfeld

Transferred branch from Dessau (Aircraft Branch)

1944 to 1945

Breslau

Mostly Repair Branch
( some philatelic material from Breslau is here )

to 1945

Brottewitz

Transferred branch from Halberstadt

Burgkemnitz

Transferred branch from Dessau (Aircraft Branch)
and Leipzig-Brandis at the Dampfziegelei

1944 to 1945

Chemnitz-Herold/Berga
(code name: Knurrhahn)

Transfered Motorenwerke Branch

Kalk- und Marmorwerke Herold
Components for Jumo 213 and Jumo 004
12.000 sqm area, built up started in Oct 1944

Unknown, probably not activated

Crimmitschau

Transfer Branch from Leipzig-Mockau (Aircraft Repair Station)
Transfer Branch from Leipzig-Lindenthal (Engine Production)
Transfer Branch from Kassel (Engine Production)

1944 to 1945

Dresden

Transferred branch from Halberstadt

Ebersbach

Transfered branch from Magdeburg Motorenwerke

Tools/Equipment brought to Moscow/USSR, Factory No. 27
(503 engines, 1 metal press, 298 other toolings) after WWII

Egeln
(codename: Maulwurf)

Tooling/Equipment Storage area of Magdeburg Motorenwerke
at Pit No. IV at Egeln

Ellefeld

Transfered branch from Magdeburg Motorenwerke

Eilenburg

Transferred branch from Dessau (Aircraft Branch)
and Leipzig-Brandis
at the furniture manufacturer Moebelfrabrik Carl Fleischer + Sohn and the piano producer Fa. Hupfeld-Zimmermann

Other Eilenburg Junkeres Facilities:
Transferred branch from Dessau (Engine Branch)
to the Eilenburger Motorenwerke producing aircraft parts at the Bergkeller of Eilenburg (natural cave system)

1944 to 1945

1943 to 1945

Ellrich

Transfer branch

Esperstedt / Bad Frankenhausen

Transferred branch from
Junkers Repair Station Leipzig-Mockau
at the Luftwaffe airfield of Esperstedt

1940 to 1945

Falkenau

Transferred branch from Dessau and Merseburg

Fritzlar Fliegerhorst

Completion Center, transfered from Dessau

Sept. 1941 to 1945

Gatersleben

Transferred branch from Dessau
to the Dampfpflug- und Lokomotivbetrieb Heucke

1944 to 1945

Gernrode

Transferred documentation branch from Dessau
to the Hagental / Storage of Junkers Patents, Licenses and films

1944 to 1945

Gersdorf

Transfer Branch from Markkleeberg Engine Production Plant

Giersleben

Transferred from Aschersleben to Preussag-Salzmuehle

1944 to 1945

Glauchau

Transfer Branch from Leipzig-Mockau (Aircraft Repair Station)

1944 to 1945

Gotha Fliegerhorst

Completion Center, transfered from Dessau

1942 to 1945

Groena

Training Center for forced labourers
in Junkers factories

Transferred from Aschersleben
Winterhall Kali-Mine

July 1942

1944 to 1945

Grossbothen

Transfer Branch from Leipzig-Lindenthal (Engine Production)

Gross-Schierstedt

Transferred from Aschersleben
Kali-Mine Pit V

1944 to 1945

Hadmersleben / Westeregeln
(code name: TATHUN)

Transferred branch from Schoenebeck
Underground facility, not finished until May 1945
ex Kali mine

Under construction between
Oct. 1944 and April 1945

Halberstadt - FZH
(Flugzeug Zweigwerk)

For Junkers Zweigwerk Halberstadt see here

Further Locations in Halberstadt:
Felsenkeller (Markele I) Underground Facility
Sternwarte (Makrele II) Underground Facility
Fa. Höppner, Blankenburger Str.

See also Langenstein-Zwieberge

Further underground depot at Lange Hoehle

March 1934 to 1945

End of 1944 to 1945
End of 1944 to 1945
1944 to 1945

Heilbronn
(code name: Steinbock)

A Saltmine at Heilbronn with a total area of 130.000 sqm was intended as a subterral production facility, but it seems as if no concrete plans or construction buildings were started before the end of WWII.

Not realized

Hohenstein-Ernstthal

Transfer Branch from Markkleeberg Engine Production Plant

Jeber-Bergfrieden

Educational Center, tranfered from Dessau

1944 to 1945

Jessnitz

Construction Office, transferred from Dessau at several locations in Jessnitz:

Fa. Bergmann
Kreisberufsschule Jessnitz

1944 to 1945

Juetrichau-Wertlau

Transferred from Junkers Flugzeugwerke

1944 to 1945

Kassel-Bettenhausen

Engine Branch

Areal at Forstbachweg 2-4 bought on 03.10.1940 by JFM
initially parts production, later complete Jumo 004 engines also

Bombings
03.10.43 severe damage on foreign workers barracks
19.04.44 92., 303. (21 B-17), 445. (271 B-17) und 457. Group
02.10.44 91., 92., 100., 388., 398., 445. (656 B-17), 457. (36 B-17) und 492. Group

Demontage by Allied forces in 1947
today AEG is located at the former Junkers facility

( some philatelic material from Cassel is here )

1940 - 1947

Kleinwangen

Transferred branch from Halberstadt

Kochstedt

Transferred branch from Dessau
at the Betonwarenfabrik Kochstedt

1944 to 1945

Koeniginhof (Czechia)

Transfer Branch from Leipzig-Lindenthal (Engine Production)

Koethen – MZK
(Motoren-Zweigwerk)

For Junkers Motoren Zweigwerk Koethen see here

Further Locations in Koethen:
Chem. Fabrik Merseburg Dassel + Co KG

Tools/Equipment brought to Ufa/USSR, Factory No. 26
(558 engines, 5 metal press, 412 other toolings) after WWII

March 1937 to 1945

End of 1944 to 1945


Kronstein / Nordhausen
(code name: MALACHIT I+II)

Transfered branch from Magdeburg Motorenwerke
Transfer branch from Leipzig-Lindenthal Engine Plant
Underground facility

Landsberg

Transferred from Motorenwerk Leipzig-Lindenthal to the Aktienmalzfabrik

1944 to 1945

Langenstein-Zwieberge
Thekenberge
(code name: MALACHIT)

Transferred branch from Halberstadt
Underground Production facility with 17km cave system
Not finished until May 1945

Under construction between
April 1944 to April 1945

Langensalza

Transferred branch from Bernburg
?at the Langenwerke A.G.?

1944

Leipzig-Brandis (Waldpolenz) Fliegerhorst

Transferred branch from Dessau
Ju248, Ju287 flight tests were performed here

Leipzig-Kleinzschocher

Transfer Branch from Markkleeberg Engine Production Plant

Leipzig-Lindenthal

Transferred Branch from Motorenwerke Dessau

Tools/Equipment brought to Moscow/USSR, Factory No. 4
(154 engines, 5 metal press, 593 other toolings) after WWII

Leipzig-Mockau

Aircraft Repair Shop
2660 employees in Oct. 1944

( some philatelic material from Mockau is here )

193?

Leipzig-Schönau

originally engine repair shop

1942

Lengenfeld

Transfered branch from Magdeburg Motorenwerke

Leopoldshall – FZL
(Flugzeug-Zweigwerk)

For Junkers Zweigwerke Leopoldshall see here

1936 to 1945

Loederburg

Transfered branch of Zweigwerk Leopoldshall

Bau + Moebeltischlerei Mueller
Kaliwerk Loederburg AG (KALAG)
(Kali Mine)

1944 to 1945

Magdeburg – MSM
(Motoren-Stammwerk)

For Junkers Motorenwerke Magdeburg see here

MZM Main Facility at Magdeburg-Neustadt
MZM Test Facility at Rothensee

1935 to 1945

Markkleeberg

Engine Production

( some philatelic material from Markkleeberg is here )

Merseburg

Transferred branch from Dessau (Aircraft Factory)
together with Repair Station

For more details see here

1941 to 1945

Micheln

1944 to 1945

Muehlberg

See Appenrode

Muehlhausen

Transferred branch from Schoenebeck
at the Muehlenwerke A.G.

Munich Allach

Oil and Stationary Engine Research and Production Facility

For more detailled informations see here

Research Offices of Hugo Junkers in Munich 1934/35 were:
1. Koeniginstrasse - Forschungsanstalt Office
2. Hindenburgstrasse 18 - Junkers Family House (stored library)

1935 – 1945

and

1953 - Seventies

Muldenstein

Transferred branch from Dessau (Engine Factory)

Jumo-Production at
Papierfabrik Muldenstein AG
Muldensteiner Werke

Tools/Equipment brought to Ufa/USSR, Factory No. 26
(645 engines, 26 metal press, 205 other tooling) after WWII

1944 to 1945

Niederorschel

Langenwerk A.G.

Oberlungwitz

Transfer branch from Koethen

Oranienbaum

Transferred branch from Dessau (Aircraft Factory)

Construction Office at the
Betonwarenfabrik P. Henning

1944 to 1945

Oschatz

Transfer Branch from Leipzig-Mockau (Aircraft Repair Station)
located at Oschatz Airfield

1944 to 1945

Osternienburg

Transferred branch from Koethen

Deutsche Solvay Werke AG – Werk O
Fa. Dassel + Co.

1944 to 1945

Plauen

Transferred branch from Halberstadt

Ploemitz / Peissen
(Codename: Leo / Leopard)

Transferred branch from Bernburg (under construction)

Two Salt Mindes of Solvay Werke AG (Ploemitz I + II)
with 25.000 sqm. Airframe production of the Ju88,
also used by ATG

Aug. 1944 to April 1945

Pouch

Transferred branch from Dessau (Engine Factory)

IG Farben
Teppichfabrik Duerrschmidt

1944 to 1945

Prague-Strakonitz

Transfer Branch from Leipzig-Lindenthal engine plant

Raguhn

Transferred branch from Dessau (Engine Factory)
Transfer branch from Leipzig-Brandis

Construction Office at
Papierfabrik Naumann + Co

Production Branch at

Maschinenbau und Metalltuchfabrik GmbH (Heerbrandt AG)

1944 to 1945

Reichenbach

Transfer Branch from Leipzig-Mockau (Aircraft Repair Station)
located at Oschatz Airfield

1944 to 1945

Retzau

Transferred branch from Dessau (Aircraft Factory)

Construction Office and Technical School

1944 to 1945

Rosslau / Elbe

Junkers Forschungsanstalt

1933 to 1935

Rottleberode / Uftrungen
Heimkehle Caves
(code name: HALLER, A5)

Transferred branch from Schoenebeck

Built-up started in March 1944, Production since September 1944

Serial production of Jumo 004-B4, parts production for Ju88 and undercarriage production for Junkers since September 1944

6000 sqm underground facility, natural cave system at the
Thyrawerke AG

Additional facilities at Rottleberode:
Porzellanfabrik Joh. Schunk (living area for forced labours)

See also at:
WiKi Unterirdisch

Sept 1944 – 04.04.1945

1944 to 1945

Saalfeld

Transferred branch from Dessau and Merseburg

Salzwedel

Transferred branch from Dessau (Aircraft Factory)
Transfer branch from Merseburg

Fa. Fertilia

1944 to 1945

Schoenebeck – FZS
(Flugzeug-Zweigwerk)

For Junkers Zweigwerke Schoenebeck see here

FZS – Flugzeug Zweigwerk Schoenebeck
MZS- Motor Zweigwerk Schoenebeck

Tools/Equipment brought to Taganrog/USSR, Factory No. 86
(924 engines, 43 metal press, 454 other tooling) after WWII

1937 to 1945

1944 to 1945

Stassfurt / Leopoldshall – FZL
(Flugzeug-Zweigwerk)

For Junkers Zweigwerke Leopoldshall see here

Further Locations at Stassfurt:

Schacht Gewerkschaft Ludwig II
Mine with 19.800 sqm area for Ju88 Tail Production

Kaliwerk Loederburg
Salt Mine with 6000 sqm area for Ju88 components production
from Dessau, Leopoldshall and Schoenebeck

1936 to 1945

1944 to 1945

Stempeda

Junkers transfer branch
(Transfer Object B4)

Not realized

Tangermuende

Transfered branch from Magdeburg Motorenwerke

Zuckerraffinerie Meyers Sohn KG
Tangermünder Brauerei
Kartoffelflockenfabrik G. Bierstedt

1944 to 1945

Tarthun

See Stassfurt (KALAG)
also transfer branch from Schoenebeck in 1944

1944 to 1945

Themar

Transferred branch from Leopoldshall
occupied by U.S. forces on 9th April 1945

1944 to 1945

Thiessen

Transferred branch from Dessau (Engine Factory)

194? To 1945

Thum (Venusberg)
(Codename Knurrhahn)

Venuswerke A.G. / subterral production facility
at the former Kalk- and Marmorwerke Herold
Transfer Branch from Markkleeberg Engine Production Plant

Thurland

1944 to 1945

Torgau

Transferred branch from Halberstadt

Maschinenfabrik W. Stoll

1944 to 1945

Trebbichau

Transfered branch from Koethen

1944 to 1945

Treuen (Saxonia)

Transfer Branch from Leipzig-Lindenthal engine plant

Uftrungen

See Rottleberode

Unseburg

See Stassfurt (KALAG)

Vaake

Transfer Branch from Junkers Kassel

Wangen

Transferred branch from Halberstadt

Schacht KW Salzdetfurth – Werk Rossleben

1944 to 1945

Weissenfels

Transferred branch from Dessau (Engine Factory)
Transfer branch from Merseburg

Papierfabrik O. Dietrich
Schuhfabrik M. Detzner

1944 to 1945

Werdau

Transfer Branch from Leipzig-Lindenthal (Engine Production)

Wernigerode

Transfered branch from Magdeburg Motorenwerke

Granit- und Mamorschleiferei
Schokoladenfabrik Argenta

1944 to 1945

Wintershall

Transfered branch from Aschersleben

1944

Woffleben-Himmelberg
(codename ANHYDRIT, B3)
(codename Kaolin, B12)

The subterral cave system construction B3 ANHYDRIT of 320.000 sqm was started at Himmelberg near Wolffleben in January and March 1944 with the setup of two KZ camps at Himmelberg and Rudersleben-Kammerforst. Construction works of the cave system were started in March 1944 at Himmelberg.

In June 1944 the B3 system was divided into two subsystems of which the B3b became the Wolffleben plant, while the B3a caves became the Appenrode plant. B3b plant had an extension of 100.000 sqm, about 42.000 sqm were planned for serial production of large scale aircraft parts and Jumo 213 production and additional 15.000 sqm were intended for special parts production. Bit already in October 1944 the constructions works of the B3 plant were reduced and finally completely stopped in advance of other subterral plant constructions.

Not realized

Wolkenburg-Kaufungen

Transfer Branch of Junkers Markkleeberg (Engine Production)

Papierfabrik Wolkenburg R. Berger

Sept. 1942 to April 1945

Wolmirstedt

Transfered branch from Magdeburg Motorenwerke
at Elbau and Farsleben

1944 to 1945

Zeitz

Transfered branch from Dessau (Engine Factory)
Transfer branch from Merseburg

E.A. Naether Kinderwagen GmbH
Fa. F.A. Oehler
Harmonium-Fabrik Alfred Rinkowski

1944 to 1945

Zerbst

1944 to 1945

Zittau

Zwenkau

Transfer Branch from Markkleeberg Engine Production Plant

 

introduced Jan 2004, transfered Dec 2017
http://hugojunkers.bplaced.net/
contents last updated 28 Feb 2004