Gas Engine Model VII
The Model VII was a parallel enlarged development of a 200 hp gas engine to the Model VI. It was built as well during 1892. The engine was not finished, when the Versuchsanstalt of Junkers and Oechelhaeuser was closed in 1893. It was transfered to the Berlin-Anhaltinische Maschinenbau AG (BAMAG), where Lynen finished the construction. The Model VII was first run on 25th May 1893, but it reached only 185 hp instead of the projected 200 hp.
The further development of the Model VII stopped in 1894, when Lynen left BAMAG. In 1896 the Model VII engine was transfered from BAMAG in Dessau to the Hoerder Bergwerksverein. Wagener modified the Model VII in Hoerde for oven gas. Finally the Installation at Hoerde was successfull and the Bergwerksverein ordered four twin-engines with 600 hp each at BAMAG.
- gwf-gas.de - Excellent article about Oechelhaeuser's gas engine developments
- Alfred Kirschke
Salzwasser-Verlag, 1909, partially available at Google Books
- Wilhelm v. Oechelhaeuser
Beitrag zur Geschichte der Grossgasmaschinen
in: Jahrbuch des VDI, 6. Band
Springer Verlag. 1914, partially available at Google Books
introduced Sept 2017
contents last updated 2 Sept 2017