Zweigwerk Merseburg Relics
(c) Luftfahrt Technik Museums Park Merseburg
In summe 1945 the airfield was occupied by Soviet troops, who kept the airfield until 1991. Since 1992 the airfield is used by local sport and parachuter groups. In 1998 an area of 61.000 sqm with one of the former hangars were bought by the Sponsoring Organisation of the Luftfahrt- and Technikmuseum Park Merseburg. Some aircraft were taken over by the Luftfahrtmuseum Butzweilerhof, which was closed at the same time. The Merseburg exhibition is continously growing since then.
The Museum area includes one of the former airfield hangars, which was used by Junkers since 1940 for the Ju322 developement and later for the Ju88 production. It is unknown, if there are other Junkers related items still at the airfield.
introduced Nov 1996, transfered Dec 2017
contents last updated 11 Jan 2004