by Horst Zoeller, 1996 - 2017, 62nd Edition, 20 November 2017

Junkers Post War Developments (OKB-1, VEB Flugzeugbau, Junkers GmbH)

Following the occupation of the Junkers Dessau plant by the Soviets in July 1945, the OKB-1 was established under the technical Leadership of Brunolf Baade in Dessau. Baade continued to work on several Junkers developments as the Junkers Ju287, the Junkers EF126 and EF127, the Junkers EF132, which were already under work before the Soviet occupation. In September 1946 the OKB-1 was transfered from Dessau to Podesbeye near Moscow, where Baade continued his work on own further developments:

In 1953 the Baade Team returned to East Germany, where the Junkers facilities were under reconstruction initially at Dessau, but finally at Dresden. At the VEB Flugzeugbau Dresden Baade and his Team continued the Junkers development:

The Junkers GmbH in West Germany was active in space Transporter reserach in the sixities. Eugen Saenger designed a space Transporter with Junkers GmbH since 1961: