by Horst Zoeller, 1996 - 2017, 63rd Edition, 8 December 2017

Versuchsanstalt fuer Gasmotore

Model VI at the Versuchsanstalt fuer Gasmotore in Dessau

 

Founded:
1890 at Dessau, Germany
by Hugo Junkers and
Wilhelm von Oechselhaeuser

Main Business:
Scientific laboratories
Development of large scale gas engines

Management Positions:
1890 - 1893 Hugo Junkers, technical director, 50% ownership
1890 - 1893 Wilhelm von Oechselhaeuser, financial director, 50% ownership

Facilities:
Experimental laboratories at Continentale Gasgesellschaft, Dessau
also at Wolfgangstr. 15 in Dessau for a short period

Company Development:
1890 Model IV and V engines completed
1892 First 100PS large scale engine Model VI with counter piston finished
1892 (8th July) Double Counter Piston Engine Patent for Oechselhaeuser and Junkers
1893 (17th April) Versuchsanstalt dissolved, following disputes between Junkers and Oechselhaeuser
Junkers' rights were transfered to Hugo Junkers Civilingenieur.

Click here for a list of Gas Engines, developed by the Versuchsanstalt

 

 

introduced Aug 1996, transfered Dec 2017
http://hugojunkers.bplaced.net/
contents last updated 30 May 2004